Work hard and play hard in beautiful Bend, Oregon.
We are a growing company with great opportunities. We are uniquely positioned as a thought leader in the extractables and leachables field, thanks to our commitment to the highest possible scientific and quality standards.
As a result, we require a special type of person, who not only meets our high expectations for science and business excellence, but who also relishes the challenge of performing in a demanding but rewarding environment.
If you also happen to like to bike, ski, fish, hunt, hike, paddle or any of the other fun things to do here in the great outdoors, then you couldn’t ask for a better place to work.
The key responsibilities of this position are two-fold:
- To interpret mass spectral data from both GC-MS and LC-MS systems, maintain and improve the scientific methods, and grow into a lab management role; and,
- To be an important interface between the company and potential new customers, and ideally to develop a thought-leadership position in the field of Extractables and Leachables testing for the biopharma industry. This part of the job may require traveling up to 10%.
- Ph.D. Degree in Analytical Chemistry with industry experience (alternative fields will be considered, however comprehensive analytical chemistry knowledge is required)
- Proven ability to be a strong leader and mentor of scientific programs in a business environment – must lead by example with a collaborative attitude
- Experience working in a GxP laboratory environment and responsibility for management/oversight of an analytical laboratory
- Must have hands-on experience and proven expertise with high resolution accurate mass and MS/MS LC-MS systems and data analysis, plus solid knowledge of additional analytical instrumentation such as GC-MS/FID, LC-QTof, ICP-MS, TOC, NMR and FTIR. Experience with Agilent instrumentation is highly desired.
- Knowledge of sample preparation techniques, method development / ICH method validation, and a working knowledge of polymer and organic chemistry
- Prior experience with ChemStation, OpenLab, MassHunter or related chemistry software
- Possess excellent presentation skills, both written and oral, to provide high level interactions with colleagues, clients, and industry
- Experience in E/L studies highly desired
- Must be currently able to work in the US
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit a cover letter, C.V., and three references to email@example.com, with the words “Senior Scientist” in the subject line.
Quality Assurance Associate
The QA Associate will be responsible for maintaining and enhancing the Quality System at VR Analytical, in part by administrating the emerging electronic Quality Management System (eQMS), which is the vessel for managing the Deviation/Investigation/CAPA programs, Internal Audits, the Training Program, and Document Control. Additional pending eQMS rollouts include Equipment Management (Qualification; Calibration and Preventive Maintenance programs), and Receiving/Inventory Management. The QA Associate will also become familiar with the laboratory and office computer networks, be the on-site point person for the contracted IT Service Company, and ensure continuing 21CFR Part 11 compliance. Candidates must be prepared to assist the Quality Operations Manager with changing Quality Systems needs to ensure continual improvement, such as assisting with employee training, trending Quality System metrics, regulatory inspections, customer and internal audits, vendor qualifications and supplier interactions.
The successful candidate will interact in a collaborative manner with other team members to accomplish organizational goals, foster continual improvement, provide ideas to improve efficiencies, contribute to positive co-worker relationships, and maintain a high degree of integrity in all aspects of QA activities.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in a related scientific field, with 2+ years of hands on experience in a QC/QA roll in a cGMP or relevant ISO controlled laboratory environment.
- Broad knowledge of GxP principles, practices and procedures.
- Understanding of Quality Risk Management principles (Q9).
- Familiarity with the requirements of 21 CFR Part 11.
- Desktop and/or web-based software administration, manipulation and troubleshooting experience.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel, including advanced formatting, formula and chart creations. Highly proficient with Adobe a plus.
- Strong communication and technical writing abilities.
- Exhibits initiative and attention to detail.
- Passion for quality and “first time right”.
- Analytical chemistry knowledge is highly desired, including familiarity with analytical instruments (e.g., GC-MS, LC-MS, FTIR, and/or UV-Vis systems) as well as data analysis and interpretation.
- Must be currently able to work in the US
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit a cover letter, C.V., and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the words “QA Associate” in the subject line.