Work hard and play hard in beautiful Bend, Oregon.
We are a growing company with great opportunities. We are uniquely positioned as a thought leader in the extractables and leachables field, thanks to our commitment to the highest possible scientific and quality standards.
As a result, we require a special type of person, who not only meets our high expectations for science and business excellence, but who also relishes the challenge of performing in a demanding but rewarding environment.
If you also happen to like to bike, ski, fish, hunt, hike, paddle or any of the other fun things to do here in the great outdoors, then you couldn’t ask for a better place to work.
The Chemist I position will work in a cGMP-regulated environment under the direction of a lab supervisor or senior staff member in laboratory and office settings. The position will assist in completing projects in compliance with regulatory requirements, applicable internal methods, protocols, SOPs, and also according to a customer’s specific requirements. The position requires working in a collaborative manner with other team members to accomplish organizational goals, providing ideas to improve efficiency at the group level, and actively contributing to positive co-worker/customer relationships through efficient interaction on current projects. The Chemist I will contribute to our continuous improvement initiatives. In this entry-level position, there are many opportunities for developing analytical skills and for advancement.
- Solution/sample preparation
- Perform basic measurements such as pH/conductivity, UV-Vis and TOC
- Perform project tasks under direction of a project lead (e.g., extraction, sampling, sample analysis)
- Perform general laboratory maintenance activities
- Waste handling/management
- Create, revise or review controlled procedures and participate in the maintenance and continuous improvement of our Quality System
- Assist with protocol and report writing and reviewing
- Data analysis and review
- Depending on experience and need, assist with advanced analytical instrumentation (e.g., GC-MS, LC- MS, ICP-MS)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry or related field is Coursework in instrumental/analytical chemistry, statistics and mathematics is preferred.
- This is an entry level professional position with responsibility to provide laboratory support functions. As a result, hands-on laboratory experience is required and can be met by active participation in laboratory courses and research at the university.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit a cover letter, C.V., and three references to email@example.com, with the words “Chemist I” in the subject line.
The key responsibilities of this position are two-fold:
- To interpret mass spectral data from both GC-MS and LC-MS systems, maintain and improve the scientific methods, and grow into a lab management role; and,
- To be an important interface between the company and potential new customers, and ideally to develop a thought-leadership position in the field of Extractables and Leachables testing for the biopharma industry. This part of the job may require traveling up to 10%.
- Ph.D. Degree in Analytical Chemistry with industry experience (alternative fields will be considered, however comprehensive analytical chemistry knowledge is required)
- Proven ability to be a strong leader and mentor of scientific programs in a business environment – must lead by example with a collaborative attitude
- Experience working in a GxP laboratory environment and responsibility for management/oversight of an analytical laboratory
- Must have hands-on experience and proven expertise with high resolution accurate mass and MS/MS LC-MS systems and data analysis, plus solid knowledge of additional analytical instrumentation such as GC-MS/FID, LC-QTof, ICP-MS, TOC, NMR and FTIR. Experience with Agilent instrumentation is highly desired.
- Knowledge of sample preparation techniques, method development / ICH method validation, and a working knowledge of polymer and organic chemistry
- Prior experience with ChemStation, OpenLab, MassHunter or related chemistry software
- Possess excellent presentation skills, both written and oral, to provide high level interactions with colleagues, clients, and industry
- Experience in E/L studies highly desired
- Must be currently able to work in the US
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit a cover letter, C.V., and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the words “Senior Scientist” in the subject line.