- Develop relationships with customers
- Communicate with the customers during a study lifecycle
- Prepare and review quotes
- Participate in operational/commercial team activities and goals
- Develop and design E&L studies
- Primary customer contact for customers
- Communicate with customers to obtain information needed to design studies.
- Educate VR staff and customers, as needed on technical aspects of studies.
- Provide technical answers to customer questions.
- Advise commercial staff on E&L study designs
- Coordinate the execution of studies with laboratory personnel and assess and maintain capacity.
- Prepare and review protocols, and reports.
- Actively pursue continuous improvement, and E&L continuing education.
- As needed participation at professional conferences and presentations/meetings at customer sites.
- Perform Technical and Critical Study Reviews per SOP 2002.
- Continued pursuit of knowledge and become an extractable/leachable subject matter expert.
- Write or review controlled procedures including SOPs and Process Instructions.
- Perform additional activities as needed based on the needs of the team and company.
Experience & Qualifications Required
- B.S. in chemistry or related field
- Experience with extractables/leachables studies
This position performs its duties primarily in a laboratory setting. therefore, these physical requirements and working conditions apply:
- Able to speak and hear, use close and distance vision, and identify and distinguish colors.
- May work in a sitting and/or standing position for long periods of time (up to 8 hours).
- Exposure to frequent noise (light to moderate) while working in the laboratory.
- Able to reach hands and arms in any direction, and kneel and stoop repeatedly.
- Able to frequently lift and carry up to 5-15 pounds.
- Able to occasionally lift and carry up to 25 pounds.
- Work continually requires manual dexterity and use of gross motor skills. Work frequently requires bimanual dexterity and fine motor skills.
- May work with toxic/hazardous chemicals and airborne particles.
Must wear personal protective equipment (PPE) such as gloves, lab coat, masks and safety glasses and use applicable engineering controls (e.g., chemical fume hoods) when handling chemicals.