The Chemist I position will work in a cGMP-regulated environment under the direction of a lab supervisor or senior staff member in laboratory and office settings. The position will assist in completing projects in compliance with regulatory requirements, applicable internal methods, protocols, SOPs, and also according to a customer’s specific requirements. The position requires working in a collaborative manner with other team members to accomplish organizational goals, providing ideas to improve efficiency at the group level, and actively contributing to positive co-worker/customer relationships through efficient interaction on current projects. The Chemist I will contribute to our continuous improvement initiatives. In this position, there are many opportunities for developing analytical skills and for advancement.
- Solution/sample preparation
- Perform basic measurements such as pH/conductivity, UV-Vis and TOC
- Perform project tasks under direction of a project lead (e.g. extraction, sampling, sample analysis)
- Perform general laboratory maintenance activities
- Waste handling/management
- Create, revise or review controlled procedures and participate in the maintenance and continuous improvement of our Quality System
- Assist with protocol and report writing and reviewing
- Data analysis and review
- Depending on experience and need, assist with advanced analytical instrumentation (e.g., GC-MS, LC- MS, ICP-MS)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry or related field is required. Coursework in instrumental/analytical chemistry, statistics and mathematics is preferred.
- The Chemist I is an entry-level professional position with responsibility to provide laboratory support functions. As a result, hands-on laboratory experience is required and can be met by active participation in laboratory courses and research at the university level.
- Application must include a cover letter, resume, and three professional references, including your most recent employer and supervisor (we will not contact him/her until you give permission).
- Final candidate(s) education will be verified and will be required to pass a criminal background check.
- Due to the volume of applications received, we regret that we will not be able to contact every applicant. After screening applications, we will be in touch with those that meet our qualifications and requirement to schedule a phone interview.