Work hard and play hard in beautiful Bend, Oregon!
We are a growing company with great career opportunities. We are uniquely positioned as a thought leader in the extractables and leachables field, thanks to our commitment to the highest possible scientific and quality standards.
As a result, we require a special type of person, who not only meets our high expectations for science and business excellence, but who also relishes the challenge of performing in a demanding but rewarding environment.
If you also happen to like to bike, ski, fish, hunt, hike, paddle or any of the other fun things to do here in the great outdoors, then you couldn’t ask for a better place to work.
The Chemist II/III position will work in a cGMP-regulated environment under the direction of a lab supervisor or senior staff member in laboratory and office settings. The position will assist in completing projects in compliance with regulatory requirements, applicable internal methods, protocols, SOPs, and also according to a customer’s specific requirements. The position requires working in a collaborative manner with other team members to accomplish organizational goals, providing ideas to improve efficiency at the group level, and actively contributing to positive co-worker/customer relationships through efficient interaction on current projects. The Chemist II/III will contribute to our continuous improvement initiatives. In this position, there are many opportunities for developing analytical skills and for advancement.
- Member of team utilizing advanced analytical instrumentation.
- Data analysis and review
- Create, revise or review controlled procedures and participate in the maintenance and continuous improvement of our Quality System
- Perform project tasks under direction of a project lead (e.g., extraction, sampling, sample analysis)
- Analytical method development
- Perform general laboratory maintenance activities
- Other laboratory functions as needed: solution/sample preparation, general chemistry techniques (e.g. pH, UV-Vis, TOC)
- Depending on experience, may assist with protocol and report writing and reviewing
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry or related field is required.
- Minimum 2 years experience in a laboratory setting, cGMP experience preferred.
- Prior GC-MS experience required.
- Application must include a cover letter, resume, and three professional references, including your most recent employer and supervisor (we will not contact him/her until you give permission).
- Please submit application package to email@example.com with your name and Chemist II/IIl in the subject
- Final candidate(s) education will be verified and will be required to pass a criminal background
- Due to the volume of applications received, we regret that we will not be able to contact every After screening applications, we will be in touch with those that meet our qualifications and requirement to schedule a phone interview.
· No phone calls or recruiters please.
THIS POSITION PERFORMS ITS DUTIES IN BOTH AN OFFICE AND LABORATORY SETTING. THEREFORE, THESE PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS and WORKING CONDITIONS APPLY:
- Able to speak and hear, use close-up and distance vision, and identify and distinguish colors.
- Able to work in a sitting and/or standing position for long periods of time (up to 8 hours per day).
- Exposure to frequent noise (light to moderate) while working in the laboratory and office area.
- Able to reach hands and arms in any direction, and kneel and stoop repeatedly.
- Manual dexterity and use of fine motor skills.
- Able to use a variety of small tools – manual and powered.
- Able to frequently lift and carry up to 15 pounds.
- Able to occasionally lift and carry up to 60 pounds.
- Able to safely climb step ladders to perform basic maintenance of light fixtures and adjusting HVAC vents.
- Occasionally work with toxic/hazardous chemicals and airborne particles.
- Must wear personal protective equipment (PPE) such as gloves, lab coat, masks and safety glasses and use applicable engineering controls (e.g., chemical fume hoods) when handling chemicals.
- Able to utilize computers and software (e.g., MS Office, QuickBooks) on a daily basis in support of supply inventory, documentation of tasks, creating and editing controlled procedures and basic spreadsheet functions.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $26.00 to $31.00 /hour (DOE)